The selection of the teams to participate in the third cycle of be finnovative, the Business Acceleration Program on FinTech, was successfully completed on Friday, January 25th, 2019.
Be finnovative is conducted by the National Bank of Greece in collaboration with the innovation and technology company Crowdpolicy and with the support of leading technology companies and ecosystem operators.
Out of the 16 ideas presented on the selection day, 9 were selected to participate in the five-month business acceleration program be finnovative 3.0 starting on Thursday, January 31st, 2019.
The teams selected to participate in the third cycle are the following:
- Verge.Capital: Credit score provider for banking institutions at pan-European level.
- Parity Platform: Investment platform for renewable energy projects.
- Irmos: Development of a business analytics software and provision of related consulting services to support projects using state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- AI Thoughts: Integrated automatic chatbot that receives user commands either through text (short messages from a chat interface) or voice commands.
- Blockchain@fintech: Credit risk rating platform on blockchain technology with multi-source information gathering.
- BAAM: Asset management platform using blockchain and smart contracts technologies.
- UtOpt: User-friendly software for financial institutions that enables the automation and production of reports for regulatory compliance purposes.
- Spin Spin: Consumer Market Advisor and a loyalty program using proximity marketing for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Brain: Digital platform that helps insurance companies and affiliates (insurance intermediaries) be more efficient and increase sales.
Mr. Konstantinos Kalogerakis, Program Manager of be finnovative, Digital Channels Division at National Bank of Greece, welcomed the participants and presented the 3rd cycle of the acceleration program #befinnovative 3.0 and the opportunity to utilize results that will lead to new innovative business models around fintech and new services through the collaboration with the Bank’s Divisions.
The evaluation committee consisted of senior executives of the National Bank of Greece and other leading fintech companies, such as Mellon Technologies, IBM, KPMG, as well as Unifund and Metavallon executives.
Mr. George Karamanolis, CTO/CIO of Crowdpolicy pointed out: “Fintech is a huge field for startup development and new business models and services. The level of the applications and business models that were presented was particularly high, which made it extremely difficult for the evaluation committee to decide. This year, for the first time, two teams from abroad, Israel and India, participated.
View the photos from the Selection Day 2019 here.
About the program
The be finnovative program is addressed to students, professionals, business executives and, in general, anyone wishing to develop their idea or methodology and turn it into a sustainable business model with a view to succeeding in the Greek market and then other markets as well.
Through specialized actions, the program provides participants with business and technology consultancy by experienced executives, bootcamps for developing special skills, improving ideas with the use of lean development methodologies, developing MVPs and prototypes, and collaborating with mentors, businesses and accelerators from abroad. Through the program, the upgraded Οpen Βank API of the National Bank of Greece will be utilized for the creation of new applications.
Information and related links:
Be finnovative site: https://befinnovative.com/el/
Be finnovative news: https://medium.com/befinnovative-el
Be finnovative blog: https://befinnovative.com/el/category/blog-el/
Be finnovative Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/befinnovative/
Crowdpolicy Open Innovation: https://crowdpolicy.com/